Friday, 10 April 2015

Speedwork

Up and out early for speedwork, which I ran along on the Farnborough Road as far as the big Mercure roundabout and back. It was a nice morning, albeit for a gusty breeze that seemed to be a headwind no matter which way I was going. Movescount.

The speed repeats were of decreasing duration, with increasing speed for each, though I'm not sure I entirely achieved this! Managing pace when running harder is still tricky for me, and it's usually the middle few repeats that illustrate this problem:

  1. 12min effort - average pace 4:35.
  2. 10min - 4:26.
  3. 8min - 4:31.
  4. 6min - 4:25.
  5. 4min - 4:10. 
Almost! Sort of. :/

I finished this session way out near the roundabout and then had to run all the way back home, which was a bit daft really. 

What went well: Well the first one was the slowest of all, and the last one was the fastest...
Next time: Go slower for your first rep on building repeat sessions - give yourself room to move and to make distinct differences in pace for each leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment